In 2001, Harmony was awarded a grant by the Pennsylvania Historic and Museum Commission to electronically preserve some of its old records. Some of these records dated back to the turn of the century.
Here are some samples of the records. A complete index of these records is available in the Borough Office.
Under Construction – Limited number of images
June 6, 1941
In 1899, Harmony Borough gave a piece of property to the Pittsburgh and Western railroad to build a train station. However, the property was to revert back to Harmony if the station ever closed.
In 1941, Harmony Council requested that the land be returned.
In 2004, CSX agreed to allow Harmony Borough to use the property for a municipal parking lot.
Click on the link to see the Council’s 1941 letter: